Follow the Star – Day 5
Active giveaways on all the blogs!
Including a Tommee Tippee Giveaway here!
It will end on 11/7 at 11:59PM EST so get those entries in!
Then the Itzy Ritzy Snack Happened Bag will be next.
Sorry this post is so late getting up…. I have not been feeling well at all today. I sent Dilly to her Nanny’s house for a sleepover so I don’t make her sick. Sugar and I have just been hanging out and resting. The other day we made some cute Christmas ornaments and I thought I would share how to make them.
Salt Dough Footprint Ornament
Ingredients & Supplies:
Round Cookie Cutter
Matte Finish Spray
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Mix 2 coffee mugs of flour and 1 coffee mug of salt together.
- Add 1 mug of warm water and mix together until dough is formed.
- Knead dough for about ten minutes. This removed are pockets and the coarseness of the salt.
- Roll out to about 1/2″ thick and use cookie cutter to cut out circles.
- Place on baking sheet and press your munchkins foot into the dough.
- Use straw to make a hole for the ribbon to thread through.
- Bake for approximately 2 hours or until hard.
- After the ornament has cooled completely apply antiquing paint to entire surface.
- Use old cloth to wipe off excess paint.
- Once completely dry spray with Matte Finish.
- Once dry thread ribbon through and tie in a pretty bow.
You can also do this with hand prints. I made some Dilly hand print ornaments as well!