Prize: 3g Pocket Diaper
Review: 3g Pocket Diaper
It’s time to tell you about the last diaper in the Merry Fluffy Christmas prize pack! This one is a bit different than the other diapers I have shared with you over the past few days since it is a side snapping diaper, but different in a good way. And so let’s talk about Baby Kicks…
A bit about the company…
Located in Maryland BabyKicks is a family owned and operated business. Since their beginning in October 2000 they have been dedicated to designing and making modern cloth diapers and baby accessories with the best natural and organic materials available. Today BabyKicks products are available in over 15 countries (and on 3 continents) around the world and the list just keeps on growing!
BabyKicks has a wide variety of products available on their website including covers, JoeyBunz, Prefolds, Washies, Nursing Pads, BabyKicks Organic Fitted Diapers, BabyKicks 3g Pocket Diaper, and more. Sugar received the BabyKicks 3g Pocket Diaper in meadow to try out.
This diaper has a lot of unique features that I really like including:
- One Size Design – The BabyKicks 3g Pocket Diaper is designed to fit from 7 to 40 pounds. The vast majority of cloth diapers I have encountered that claim to be one size don’t start fitting til about 10 pounds which means a newborn diaper is still needed, but that is not the case with the 3g. Dilly weighed 7 pounds and Sugar weighed 7 pounds 8 ounces at birth so we would have been good to go with this diaper.
- Bamboo Lining – The inside of the material that touches baby is made of 30% certified organic cotton and 70% rayon from bamboo which will remain soft and absorbent wash after wash. So far it seems to be holding up extremely well and seems very durable.
- Side Snaps - I will be honest when I get a diaper with side snaps it throws me off a little. Since most people are used to putting on disposables and the vast majority of cloth diapers that snap in the front getting a good fit on a side snapping diaper takes a few tries. However, now that I know which setting Sugar is on that problem is solved. I like that side snapping diapers are harder for toddlers to take off especially since Sugar is starting to play with some of the velcro closure diapers we have… I really am not liking the idea of that, hehe. Plus the side snaps elimate wing droop and wing droop drives me crazy!
- Front Pocket - The BabyKicks 3g Pocket Diaper gets stuffed from the front which is awesome for two reasons. The first being you won’t have to worry about the insert sticking out the back of the diaper causing leaking issues. The second being there is no chance of solids (aka poopy yuckiness) leaking onto the insert.
- Air Gussets – When you look at the 3g aside from the side snaps the other obviously different feature it the air gussets around the leg openings. These are made of an innovative micro fleece, which contains no PUL allowing for more air flow to help further prevent diaper rashes. Another perk of the soft fleece around your little ones legs is that it is very comfortable and prevents red marks on their tender thighs as well as protecting from leaks and blow outs.
So as you can see the BabyKicks 3g Pocket Diaper has lots of awesome features, but besides that it looks adorable on Sugar. I love the bright vibrant colors – plus it is available in sunset, poppy, azure, white, as well as black and purple for a limited time.
Plus each BabyKicks 3g Pocket Diaper comes with one free One Size JoeyBunz insert. These inserts are made of six layers of absorbent natural hemp/certified organic cotton jersey and are super thin at only 1/8 of an inch thick. Even though they are thin hemp can hold at least 3 times it’s weight in liquid which makes it ideal for heavy wetters. These inserts also make great doublers and can be used in any type or brand of diaper available. There is also a handy stitch guide on the side to easily fold the insert to the appropriate size for your child’s weight/age. Plus hemp is naturally anti-microbial and environmentally friendly.
Interested in purchasing a BabyKicks 3g Pocket Diaper ($20.50) or One Size JoeyBunz Insert ($6.25)? Just visit the BabyKicks website! These diapers are definitely unique and I think you will love them. Now I want to try the BabyKicks Organic Fitted Diaper!
Oh and I found these really neat hemp facts on the BabyKicks website which I wanted to share…. just because I think their fun, hehe.
Did you know …
- Hemp can displace cotton which is grown with massive amounts of chemicals harmful to people and the environment. Fifty percent of the world’s pesticides are sprayed on cotton.
- Hemp fibers are longer, stronger, more absorbent, and more mildew-resistant than cotton. The original Levi Strauss jeans made for the Sierra gold miners were made of hemp sailcloth.
- At a volume level of 81%, hemp oil is the richest known source of polyunsaturated essential fatty acids (the “good” fats). It is quite high in some essential amino acids, including gamma linoleic acid (GLA), a very rare nutrient also found in mother’s milk.
- Hemp is good for the soil in which it’s grown, as opposed to other crops that deplete the soil of nutrients.
- You can’t get high from industrial hemp.
- Industrial hemp actually poses a threat to marijuana growers by cross-pollinating with their high THC plants, and greatly reducing the THC level in subsequent generations.
- George Washington and Thomas Jefferson both grew hemp.
- Ben Franklin owned a mill that made hemp paper.
- Jefferson drafted the Declaration of Independence on hemp paper.
And guess what! BabyKicks has been super generous and offered the winner of the Merry Fluffy Christmas Prize Pack here at Happenings of the Harper Household a 3g Pocket Diaper with One Size JoeyBunz insert! This event takes place from December 1st through 5th, so be sure to leave a comment below with what you like best about the 3g diaper or why you would like to try it. This counts as an extra entry on the Rafflecopter Form – simply click “I DID THIS” beside “Comment on the BabyKicks spotlight post.” Easy Peasy.