Do you, your significant other, or perhaps even one of your children have asthma? I feel very blessed that no one in our home deals with this, but I have been very sick a few times to the point of needing to use an inhaler because I was having trouble breathing. Those few instances gave me a small glimpse into the world of what someone suffering from asthma attacks feels like on a daily basis. And so when I found this smart phone app I knew it was something I wanted to share with my readers because the number of people suffering from asthma continues to grow. In fact in 2009 approximately 25 million people or 8% of the United States population was diagnosed with asthma and I’m willing to bet some of those people are also some of my awesome readers.
And so I want to tell you a bit about that smart phone app AsthmaSense which is available in the following app stores…
Now I know everywhere I go I always have my smart phone with me and almost feel naked without it….. how else would I be able to check in on my blog or e-mail whenever I needed to? Hehe. I am sure most of you are like me and so by always having your smart phone you will also always have asthma journal as well. With just one screen you can do the following:
- Easy to use for asthma management at any time
- For use with children or adults
- Set reminders for medication use and peak flow testing
- See when medications are due
- Log diary actions quickly with a single tap
- Record asthma symptoms and breathing function
- Selectively silence reminders as needed
- Select reminder tones for individual users
- Record unscheduled medication use
- Record missed medications, as well as edit or update the journal
- Review up to one month of peak flow, asthma symptoms and medication adherence
- Receive status alerts when your asthma is “not well controlled” or “poorly controlled” according to National Institute for Health guidelines
- Keep emergency contact information and phone numbers in easy reach
- Manage one or multiple users with one smartphone
Another thing that makes this app super useful is that it easily allows you to share information with your family members and your doctors. This way your doctor or your children’s doctor will know the most information possible and therefore will be able to treat most effectively.
For even more information about AsthmaSense check out these videos.
Interested in purchasing the AsthmaSense app to use on your smart phone? Check out the app stores I mentioned above or enter to win a free download below, there will be two winners! Just fill out the Rafflecopter entry form. Good luck!