If you’ve been hanging out here at Happenings of the Harper Household for any length of time then you know I am a huge advocate for baby wearing. If we’re out and about I would estimate Willow is in a carrier or wrap of some sort a least 90% of the time if not more. Back in April I featured the Boba Wrap during the Spring Fever blogging event which quickly became my favorite wrap. Since I loved it so much I just had to give the Boba Carrier 3G a try and guess what? I love it just as much!
The Boba Carrier 3G is a soft structured carrier (100% cotton) which is available in a variety of colors. I chose the Lila print which was designed by Holli Zollinger exclusively for this carrier – typically I am not a huge fan of purple, but this purple and gray pattern is absolutely stunning and gets complements everywhere we go. What I love the most about this carrier is that it will work for newborns through the toddler years (7-45 pounds). In fact just today I wore Kaelyn in the back carrying position and Willow in the front carrying position without having to change a thing on the carrier. So simple.
Plus the Boba Carrier 3G has so many awesome features.
- Front and back carry options: I love that I can use this carrier for both Willow and Kaelyn. The vast majority of the time I am wearing Willow on the front so she can see mom and feel snug against my chest, but sometimes Kaelyn gets tired too. During those times it’s great to be able to wear her on my back – like a piggy back ride yet I have my hands free and she is well supported. Makes life much easier!
- Removable/Adjustable sleeping hood: The fact that this is removable is awesome since I don’t use it when Kaelyn is in the carrier. With Willow it is perfect because she tends to fall asleep in the carrier a lot and also allows for discreet breastfeeding – yes, you can easily nurse in the Boba Carrier 3G! Plus it is adjustable so it’s not overwhelming on a newborn yet fits a growing baby with no problem at all.
- Zipper Pouch: This is perfect for storing the hood when not in use so that it’s always on hand instead of completely removing it.
- Comfortably fits heights 5’0” – 6’3” & Waistband range: 25” – 58”: This wide range of fits practically makes the Boba Carrier 3G a one size fits all carrier so there is no need to buy mom and dad separate carriers. Though I will be honest I highly doubt I will get Dustin to wear the Lila print, but he’s a dad that will do anything for his kids so I may be wrong.
- Easily adjustable for easier fit & breastfeeding: The carrier is very easy to adjust when switching parents and with a simple lowering of the strap breastfeeding is a cinch.
- Patent-pending removable foot straps: The foot straps easily attach to the waist belt and are great for older children because they enable a healthy sitting position. Plus the foot straps give tired little legs a rest by supporting them in a flexed abducted (froglike) position which naturally tilts the pelvis, fills out the hip sockets and aligns the spine.
- Elastic bands neatly roll up straps: As you can see in the pictures above there are no straps hanging all over the place. I hate carriers that I feel like I am dragging a million straps behind me. The Boba Carrier 3G has nifty little elastic bands so you can roll up the excess straps and tuck them away yet they can easily be unrolled if you need to lengthen the strap.
- Body of Carrier rises 2-3” higher than other brands & is uniquely designed to “hug” your child: This keeps your center of gravity closer to your body plus supports your little ones back. As you can see in the pictures my girls are snug against me with no space which is how they would be if I was holding them without a carrier – makes sense, right?
- Converts to a newborn carrier without an insert: By snapping the two snaps on either side of the warning label into the two corresponding snaps on the body of the carrier it shortens the body of the carrier making it the perfect size for a newborn. Willow is a rather tall munchkin and by the time I received the Boba Carrier 3G she was ready for the regular carry, but I love that an extra insert is not needed for a newborn like many other carriers.
And so if you are looking for a baby carrier that will work from birth through the toddler years, has features you won’t find anywhere else, and is super comfortable for both the wearer and baby then look no further than the Boba Carrier 3G. I absolutely love this carrier for both of my girls and with the weight limit I could even still carry Alleigh in this carrier and she is almost five years old! Plus it is a very high quality carrier that is not going to wear out quickly. I can see us getting many years of use out of this carrier. Oh and one more thing that is very important for many moms – it is machine washable! Boba recommenda spot cleaning regularly, but you can machine wash on cold cycle with a mild detergent and then air dry.
Also be sure to check out the other great Boba carriers and accessories. I love the teething pads that wrap around the shoulder straps which I will be needing rather soon because little miss Willow is already starting to drool and chew on things, hehe.
I’m sure by this point you definitely want your very own Boba Carrier. Well guess what? You can win one! Simply fill out the Rafflecopter form below for your chance to win a Boba Baby Carrier, and one of two Boba Wraps! All products can be seen on the Boba Family website. With Boba products it is easier than ever to enjoy Freedom Together as a family and Boba wants YOU to get a chance to use their products. I would love if you could leave a comment telling me what you love most about baby wearing. Good Luck!