Review by Mommy Summers – Guest Reviewer at Children Teaching Mama.
One thing I wish I would have done while pregnant with my daughter was work out. I’ve never been too great at keeping up with a workout,I usually get bored, or like what happened just recently, Netflix took the workout videos off. This time around, as we’re trying to conceive, I’ve really been starting to look at different work out videos and many of them have been Prenatal workouts. I want to make sure that I get my chance to work out and stay extra-healthy this time around!
I’ve heard that while you are pregnant you can continue working out if you’re able. Well I decided it was time to find a workout that I could do before and throughout a future pregnancy.
So when I got the opportunity to review the Knocked-Up Fitness DVD’s I was super excited. These DVD’s were not what I was expecting. Honestly, I was thinking that I could just fly through these workouts and I would be able to do this easily. I mean, the lady doing them is very pregnant, so I should have no problem right? I was wrong!
These Fitness DVD’s are no joke and are awesome. I got the best workout I’ve every had. I loved that you were given tips as well as Beginner Advanced moves, which was super helpful.
One thing I really enjoyed was using the Thera Band. I’ve never used one before and was a little skeptical at first, but it was great. I’ve been trying to do these work outs as often as I can, and honestly am so glad I got the chance to review them. I look forward to continuing use with any future pregnancies, if I’m able!
Along with these Fitness DVD’s, I was sent 6 simple tips to ensure your baby arrives as healthy as possible.
1. Eat nutritiously and make sure you take your vitamins! Pregnant women should adhere to a healthy diet that includes daily servings of whole grains, lean protein, and fruits and vegetables. A diet filled with the right foods can help you avoid conditions such as gestational diabetes and pre-eclampsia.
2. Avoid toxins and chemicals that may harm your baby, including many common household solvents and cleaning agents. If you must use these chemicals, make sure the room is well ventilated and wear appropriate clothing to protect your skin.
3. Protect your baby from radiation. These days it seems nearly impossible to avoid the radiation that comes from common technology like iPads, cell phones, laptops and other electronic devices, but attention has recently been brought to the harmful effects of these products on a fetus. Taking the precaution of shielding against radiation exposure throughout pregnancy can significantly lower the health risk. Belly Armor products use RadiaShield® technology, which is integrated with basic maternity wear and accessories, to shield more than 99 percent of radiation, making every day tasks safer for mom and her growing baby.
4. Drink water. It is important for pregnant women to drink enough water to maintain proper circulation. Try to drink several full glasses of water per day to help you stay hydrated. This is especially important during times of excessive heat.
5. Keep Your Body and Mind Fit. Maintaining a regular exercise routine two or three times a week and eating wisely throughout pregnancy can help you stay healthy and decrease some common discomforts, such as backaches and fatigue. Pilates is known to be the safest and most effective type of exercise during pregnancy as it helps to strengthen your core, which makes for an easier labor and delivery. Try Knocked-Up Fitness DVDs with pilates master Erica Ziel!
6. Set goals and track your progress. Use the Use the Mama2b
Fitbook to ensure an active and healthy pregnancy. The Mama2b Fitbook is a notebook that includes a guide to determine a goal for healthy baby weight gain, tips for a fit pregnancy, and power pregnancy foods to feed a growing baby bump.
What exercise routines do you have during pregnancy? One lucky winner is going to win The Knocked-Up Fitness DVDs we received to review! To enter just use the Rafflecopter form below. Good Luck!