I was provided a product sample in exchange for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
More than 122 million people in the US and Canada are full-time employees, and spend an average of 47 hours a week or more at their workplace. I know in our home, my husband works full time and I work part time, so work is an essential part of our daily life. And since we spend so much time there, safety while at work, traveling, and at home while we are gone is really important to us. We know many of our readers work outside the home too (or even stay at home where safety is also important!), so we wanted to share these simple safety tips and product recommendations from Master Lock to help keep us secure.
1. Secure Spare Keys: With 73 percent of U.S. and Canadian residents working outside of their home, hiding a spare house key under a mat or rock makes consumers susceptible to possible break-ins and thefts. Provide secure access to cleaning services, maintenance workers, babysitters or a family member with a trusted key lock box, such as the Master Lock 5422D Portable Key Safe, which offers keyless convenience and secure storage of keys and access cards to provide peace of mind when at the office.
2. Protect Personal Valuables: Whether in the office or traveling, securing smartphones, wallets, electronic devices and other small valuables in a personal safe, such as the Master Lock 5900D SafeSpace, helps prevent theft. Designed with a durable cable, the Master Lock 5900D SafeSpace can be wrapped around a fixed object at the office or in a hotel room when traveling for work– providing lightweight and portable convenience.
3. Stay Safe and Organized Online: Most offices are equipped with computers, software programs and the Internet for employees to use to complete their work efficiently. Keeping track of numerous logins and documents as well as ensuring this information is stored in a safe place can be a daunting task. To stay digitally organized, use the Master Lock Vault – a free, digital safe deposit box, to store passwords and digital copies of important documents in a secure, reliable location for easy access from any smart phone or computer. And, employees should always log-off or place their computers in sleep mode when stepping away from workstations.
4. Protect Important Documents: Organization is key when starting and settling into any job. Contracts, employee tax forms and other important paperwork can quickly pile up if you do not have a secure place to keep these documents. Using a Sentry Safe FHW40120 Large Lock File will help protect your sensitive information from theft, flood and fire threats as well as provide easy office organization with the ability to store hanging file folders. Be sure to shred any sensitive documents when they are no longer needed to keep them from falling into the wrong hands.
5. Lock Up Before Leaving: Whether working remotely at a coffee shop, taking a business trip or hitting the gym after work, locking luggage, briefcases and laptop or gym bags will help protect valuables in transit. A TSA-Accepted Luggage Lock, such as the Master Lock 4680DBLK, will help keep belongings safe on-the-go. The Master Lock 4680DBLK and 4680DNKL Luggage Locks offer resistance to cutting, and are TSA approved so screeners can inspect and relock your baggage without damaging the lock. It’s also important to keep small personal items in front pockets. Leaving valuables in back pockets makes them easy targets for pickpockets.
We’re already fans of Master Lock and use Master Lock Vault for all of our personal passwords and a lock safe for all of our important documents, but we had yet to find a safe way to store our extra key for the house. Since we both work different shifts, we often have family members in and out of the house to watch our kids and let our dogs out, so we would prefer to keep a single key at the house. The Master Lock 5422D Portable Key Safe has been a perfect solution for us!
Similar to key keepers that realtors use, the Portable Key Safe securely attaches to the door handle and keeps the key tucked inside, which can only be accessed by a personalized code I select. It comes with a weatherproof cover that keeps it looking sleek and discreet as well. While we use it for our family members that help us, it would also come in handy for cleaning services and maintenance workers. And since we think it would also come in handy for one of our readers, Master Lock is giving one away! Be sure to enter below, and for more safety tips and products, visit the Master Lock website or connect with Master Lock on social via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or YouTube.